Our Acceptable Use Policy is provided to give our customers and users a clear understanding of what we expects of them while using the service. All users of Presshost hosting including paying clients and their authorised agents must comply with this AUP (Acceptable Use Policy).
Use of our services constitutes acceptance and agreement to Presshost Acceptable Use Policy.
Refunds will NOT be given if your hosting service is cancelled due to a breach of the AUP
We do not actively monitor the content of your site or email, nor do we do not exercise editorial control, however, in accordance with our Terms of Service (TOS), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. We may also cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of either your account without prior notice.
This document is intended to provide a basic understand of Presshost’s Acceptable Use Policy. The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of this policy:
- Ensure reliable service to our customers
- Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others
- Comply with existing laws
- Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of Internet services
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users
While we do not routinely monitor the activity of accounts (except for measurements of system resources and billing, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service.
You may not use your virtual site to publish material, which Presshost determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, “material” refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings.
If a Presshost account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. Generally we will advise customers of inappropriate behavior and what is required to correct the issue, however if the violation is a flagrant abuse of our service we will terminate your service immediately.
As a member of our network community, you must use your Internet access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at email@example.com
Any failure by Presshost to enforce this policy shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
Violations of Presshost’s Acceptable Use Policy
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use: Presshost’s services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. Presshost reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
- Harm to minors: Use of the Presshost’s service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
- Threats: Use of the Presshost’s service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment: Use of the Presshost’s service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity: Use of Presshost’s service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “ponzi schemes,” and “chain letters.”
- Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM) Use of the Presshost’s service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending Presshost account.
- You may not use your account to send unsolicited bulk or commercial messages (“spam”). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, charity requests, petitions for signatures, and political or religious tracts. Such messages may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it.
- Beginning Immediately, anyone hosting websites or services on our server that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their server immediately removed from our network. The server will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove all traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the server to confirm that all material has been completely removed. Offenders will be charged at $300/hour for repair of damages related to Spam and having IP space listed in any Spam database. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the server from our network without notice to the customer. Any server guilty of a second violation will be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice.
- E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person’s use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending Presshost account.
- E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Presshost’s service is in violation of this AUP.
- Usenet SPAMing: Presshost has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
- Unauthorized access: Use of the Presshost’s service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Presshost’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending Presshost account is subject to immediate termination.
- Copyright, Intellectual Property or Trademark Infringement: Use of the Presshost’s service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, intellectual property, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Torrents: We allow the hosting of torrent tracker sites for legal content only. Any host found to be allow the tracking of copyright protected software applications or other data will face immediate suspension and account review. Please follow any request by copyright holders to remove links to downloadable files from your site. Ignoring these requests will only lead to them contacting our abuse department directly request immediate disconnection of your server. Hosting any kind of torrent services on a shared/reseller hosting account is prohibited.
- Collection of personal data: Use of the Presshost’s service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the Presshost’s service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use Presshost’s Services or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DOS) attacks against another network host or inliidual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or inliidual’s computer system will result in immediate account termination. Presshost will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- System Resources: Any one site found to be utilizing in excess of 5% of the system resources at any given time shall be suspended. Web hosting accounts are not to be used for storage purposes. We reserve the right to terminate such account if we see fit.
- Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
- Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offence will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
- Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using Presshost’s services could result in suspension service.
- Third Party Accountability: Presshost’s subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Violation of Presshost’s Services: It is absolutely forbidden to host illegal pornographic content whereas the subjects are under the age of majority, or IRC related services on shared hosting accounts. Shared hosting accounts found hosting this material will be subject to immediate cancellation without refund.
- IRC networks: IRC in any form is strictly prohibited on our network, unless otherwise stated.
- Game Servers: We do not allow game server hosting on our network.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a client, friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
- Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure.
- Sharing your password and account access with unauthorized users is prohibited. You should take care to prevent others from using your account since you will be held responsible for such use.
- Attempting to obtain another user’s account password is strictly prohibited, and may result in termination of service.
- You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorized use of your account.
- You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools.
- You may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network (“denial of service attacks”). This includes, but is not limited to, “flooding” of networks, deliberate attempts to Overload a service, and attempts to “crash” a host.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. Presshost will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
Presshost offer a shared hosting service and any excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer (eg. in excess of 5% CPU usage) may have a negative impact on all other customers.
You are prohibited from using resource intensive programs which impact on other customers or the performance of the Presshost network. You are also prohibited from using excessive resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time.
Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance may result in termination of your account.
Billing, Refunds and Overdue Accounts
- Refunds are provided at our discretion.
- Setup fees, Domain Registration Fees Setup Fees and SSL Certificates are non-refundable.
- We do not provide refunds on pre-paid hosting, including monthly and annual accounts. We may, at our discretion offer a credit on new hosting services.
- Invoices and overdue reminders are sent to the email address you nominate. If you require us to send you a paper bill a $5 service charge will apply for each instance, including overdue notices.
- Hosting services more than 14 days overdue will get suspended. We may, at our discretion, extend this period.
- Overdue domain registrations will go through the ‘on hold’ process before being deleted by the registry. Once a domain has been deleted by the registry it is available for anyone to register. This is standard policy of all domain registrars to which we have no control over. As such, Presshost accept no liability for domain registrations that expire due to non payment.
- It is the clients responsibility to ensure that the nominated email address used for billing and contact purposes is active.
- We do not charge fees for payments processed through credit cards and PayPal, however any other bank fees that are imposed on us, such as chargebacks and international transfer fees, that we receive while processing your payment will result in a recovery fee. The recovery fee will be the actual amount charged to us PLUS a $5 handling fee.
- We may, at our discretion, waiver any of the handling fees and service charges. If we do so you agree that this is a single occurrence and should not be construed as ongoing policy.
Hosting Accounts and SSL certificates
You must notify us if you do not wish to renew your service prior to the due date. Presshost will not consider a non-payment as an indication that you no longer require the service and will use any appropriate means to recover unpaid accounts, including any additional expenses such as debt recovery/collection agency fees. We may waiver the renewal fee at our discretion.
If you no longer require a domain name we recommend you let us know that you will not be renewing, however you will continue to receive automated renewal notices until the domain expires. As we do not automatically renew domain names, non-payment will result in the domain expiring. Presshost will cancel any overdue domain renewal invoices and not pursue any charges.
Data Integrity and Backups:
Presshost does not accept liability or responsibility for any files and/or data residing on your account.
While we do a nightly off-site backup of your data, including local files and MySQL databases, it is recommended that you also have your own backup procedures in place. In using the Presshost hosting service you agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain appropriate backup of files and data.
Reporting Violations of Presshost’s Acceptable Use Policy
Presshost requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to the Abuse Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
E-mail with full header information provides all of the above, as do system log files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information. Presshost may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- Issue written or verbal warnings
- Suspend the Member’s account
- Terminate the Member’s account
- Bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, cause by violations